`Pune blast probe by ATS went wrong`
Pune: The Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP) D Sivanandan has admitted that the investigations by the state ATS into the February 13 German Bakery terror attack have gone wrong.
"The ATS has to study the case scientifically and collect evidence to identify the group behind the attack", he said, talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here
Sivanandan said he was aware that four months had passed since the incident but stressed that the investigating agency should not be put under pressure of time frame.
"The first mistake was the blast and second wrong investigation. What we need is right investigation at right time," the police chief who was here to inaugurate an induction course for the state CID officers, remarked.
A Sessions court in Mumbai on Tuesday granted bail to Abdul Samad, arrested by the ATS in an arms case and for suspected involvement in the Pune terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand