`Pune blast probe by ATS went wrong`
Pune: The Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP) D Sivanandan has admitted that the investigations by the state ATS into the February 13 German Bakery terror attack have gone wrong.
"The ATS has to study the case scientifically and collect evidence to identify the group behind the attack", he said, talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here
Sivanandan said he was aware that four months had passed since the incident but stressed that the investigating agency should not be put under pressure of time frame.
"The first mistake was the blast and second wrong investigation. What we need is right investigation at right time," the police chief who was here to inaugurate an induction course for the state CID officers, remarked.
A Sessions court in Mumbai on Tuesday granted bail to Abdul Samad, arrested by the ATS in an arms case and for suspected involvement in the Pune terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS