Pune blast: Sena-BJP slam Cong govt over failure to act
Mumbai: Alleging failure by the Maharashtra government to act on Central intelligence inputs of a possible terror strike in Pune, Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP MPs today walked out of a meeting convened by Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to raise state`s issues in Parliament.
"The meeting began with a tribute to those killed in the Pune blast, after which senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi raised the issue of lack of coordination between Centre and
state government," senior Sena MP Chandrakant Khaire told reporters.
"We told the Chief Minister that the state government had failed to act on alerts given by Central government and instead, it deployed huge police force for Rahul Gandhi`s
visit to Mumbai and to ensure release of Shah Rukh Khan`s film," Khaire said.
The meeting was convened by Chavan ahead of Parliament session to discuss developmental issues related to Maharashtra, to be raised by members in the House, including issues like scarcity situation in the state.
"The opposition members told Chavan that the government has deployed thousands of police to guard Rahul Gandhi and SRK`s film but left the common man without
security," Khaire, Lok Sabha member from Aurangabad, said. Around 18 Sena-BJP members were present at the meeting, he said. The members walked out of the meeting soon after it began, alleging the government had failed to protect the common man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video