Pune blasts accused innocent, says his family
Shirdi: The family members of Bunty Jahangirdhar, the latest suspect to be arrested for the last year`s serial blasts in Pune, have claimed he is innocent.
The 40-year-old resident of Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district was nabbed by Maharashtra ATS on January 13. Bunty, remanded in police custody till January 24 by a Mumbai-based MCOCA Court yesterday, is the eighth suspect to be apprehended in connection with the August 1 terror attack.
Bunty`s mother Raziya Jahagirdar said her son is innocent and no way linked to the blasts. Bunty was not involved in the blasts but still ATS took him into custody, she told PTI here in Ahmednagar last night.
The suspect`s elder brother Anwar said Bunty had been picked up several times by the police in the past only to be freed later. "If he is guilty, then we don`t know why the police frees him," he said.
However, according to the ATS, Bunty was part of the conspiracy hatched to trigger the low-intensity explosions in which one person was seriously injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'