Pune blasts accused innocent, says his family
Shirdi: The family members of Bunty Jahangirdhar, the latest suspect to be arrested for the last year`s serial blasts in Pune, have claimed he is innocent.
The 40-year-old resident of Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district was nabbed by Maharashtra ATS on January 13. Bunty, remanded in police custody till January 24 by a Mumbai-based MCOCA Court yesterday, is the eighth suspect to be apprehended in connection with the August 1 terror attack.
Bunty`s mother Raziya Jahagirdar said her son is innocent and no way linked to the blasts. Bunty was not involved in the blasts but still ATS took him into custody, she told PTI here in Ahmednagar last night.
The suspect`s elder brother Anwar said Bunty had been picked up several times by the police in the past only to be freed later. "If he is guilty, then we don`t know why the police frees him," he said.
However, according to the ATS, Bunty was part of the conspiracy hatched to trigger the low-intensity explosions in which one person was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble