Pune blasts accused innocent, says his family
Shirdi: The family members of Bunty Jahangirdhar, the latest suspect to be arrested for the last year`s serial blasts in Pune, have claimed he is innocent.
The 40-year-old resident of Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district was nabbed by Maharashtra ATS on January 13. Bunty, remanded in police custody till January 24 by a Mumbai-based MCOCA Court yesterday, is the eighth suspect to be apprehended in connection with the August 1 terror attack.
Bunty`s mother Raziya Jahagirdar said her son is innocent and no way linked to the blasts. Bunty was not involved in the blasts but still ATS took him into custody, she told PTI here in Ahmednagar last night.
The suspect`s elder brother Anwar said Bunty had been picked up several times by the police in the past only to be freed later. "If he is guilty, then we don`t know why the police frees him," he said.
However, according to the ATS, Bunty was part of the conspiracy hatched to trigger the low-intensity explosions in which one person was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured