Pune blasts accused innocent, says his family
Shirdi: The family members of Bunty Jahangirdhar, the latest suspect to be arrested for the last year`s serial blasts in Pune, have claimed he is innocent.
The 40-year-old resident of Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district was nabbed by Maharashtra ATS on January 13. Bunty, remanded in police custody till January 24 by a Mumbai-based MCOCA Court yesterday, is the eighth suspect to be apprehended in connection with the August 1 terror attack.
Bunty`s mother Raziya Jahagirdar said her son is innocent and no way linked to the blasts. Bunty was not involved in the blasts but still ATS took him into custody, she told PTI here in Ahmednagar last night.
The suspect`s elder brother Anwar said Bunty had been picked up several times by the police in the past only to be freed later. "If he is guilty, then we don`t know why the police frees him," he said.
However, according to the ATS, Bunty was part of the conspiracy hatched to trigger the low-intensity explosions in which one person was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS