Pune blasts "alarm" for UPA govt: BJP
New Delhi: Condemning the Pune blasts which came ahead of the visit of Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to the city, BJP on Wednesday said it is an alarm for the UPA government to take stern action against terrorist activities to "teach a lesson to them".
BJP said it stood in support of the government on the issue of terrorism and demanded strong action against terror activities.
"BJP condemns these blasts. The nation should stand united in such times as such incidents spread terror. BJP demands strong action against the terrorists indulging in such activities...This is an alarm for the government as the blasts came a day ahead of the proposed visit of the Home Minister," BJP`s spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
BJP said such acts of terrorism give a fillip to the morale of terrorists and demanded stern action against behind the blasts. The party said the government should take stern action such incidents that had taken place in the past also as it will send the right message to those involved in such acts.
"BJP is completely with the government in its action against terrorist activities. BJP appeals to the nation to remain united in such situations....BJP alerts the government for initiating strong action against those behind the spread of terror," said Hussain.
Expressing deep concern over the Pune bomb blasts, JD(U)
attacked the UPA government accusing it of having failed to protect the life and property of the people of the country and said it has no moral right to remain in power anymore.
"JD(U) expresses deep concern over the bomb blasts in Pune and deeply condemns this inhuman act. UPA has failed to protect the life and property of its own countrymen and has no moral right to remain in chair," said JD(U) general secretary Javed Raza.
Four low-intensity explosions occurred this evening in busy Junglee Maharaj Road area of Pune injuring one person, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan