Pune blasts: ‘Appears to be a planned attack’
Pune: Hours after a series of bomb blasts rocked the city of Pune on Wednesday evening, Maharashtra’s Home Secretary, RK Singh called the incident a planned attack.
Speaking to a news channel Singh said, “Terror angle cannot be ruled out. It appears to be a planned attack.”
Explosions in Pune occurred near Balgandharva Theatre, at a Dena Bank branch and a McDonalds joint, while another explosion was reported in a dustbin in the area.
So far, it has not been confirmed if it is a terror attack.
The police have accessed the CCTV footage of the area and is investigating the blasts.
Coincidently, the attacks have occurred on the same day when Sushil Kumar Shinde was made the new Home minister of the country. Very significantly, he was about to arrive here this evening for a ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi