Pune blasts: ‘Appears to be a planned attack’
Pune: Hours after a series of bomb blasts rocked the city of Pune on Wednesday evening, Maharashtra’s Home Secretary, RK Singh called the incident a planned attack.
Speaking to a news channel Singh said, “Terror angle cannot be ruled out. It appears to be a planned attack.”
Explosions in Pune occurred near Balgandharva Theatre, at a Dena Bank branch and a McDonalds joint, while another explosion was reported in a dustbin in the area.
So far, it has not been confirmed if it is a terror attack.
The police have accessed the CCTV footage of the area and is investigating the blasts.
Coincidently, the attacks have occurred on the same day when Sushil Kumar Shinde was made the new Home minister of the country. Very significantly, he was about to arrive here this evening for a ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice