Pune blasts: ‘Appears to be a planned attack’
Pune: Hours after a series of bomb blasts rocked the city of Pune on Wednesday evening, Maharashtra’s Home Secretary, RK Singh called the incident a planned attack.
Speaking to a news channel Singh said, “Terror angle cannot be ruled out. It appears to be a planned attack.”
Explosions in Pune occurred near Balgandharva Theatre, at a Dena Bank branch and a McDonalds joint, while another explosion was reported in a dustbin in the area.
So far, it has not been confirmed if it is a terror attack.
The police have accessed the CCTV footage of the area and is investigating the blasts.
Coincidently, the attacks have occurred on the same day when Sushil Kumar Shinde was made the new Home minister of the country. Very significantly, he was about to arrive here this evening for a ceremony.
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA