Pune blasts: Maha HM reviews security situation
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil tonight reviewed security situation with senior officials, following the four low-intensity explosions in Pune.
The explosions came over two years after the bomb blast at German Bakery in Pune, which killed 17 people and injured 64 at Koregaon park on February 13, 2010.
Patil discussed the situation with top Home Department officials, sources said. An alert has been issued following the explosions, which come a day ahead of the Raksha Bandhan festivities.
A strict vigil will be maintained at crowded places like railway and bus stations, malls, markets and lodges, a Home Department official said.
Explosions in Pune occurred near Balgandharva Theatre, at a Dena Bank branch and a McDonalds joint, while another explosion was reported in a dustbin in the area.
Meanwhile, Patil left for Pune to visit the sites of the explosions and will meet senior police officials, including the Pune Commissioner of Police Gulabrao Pol.
Patil appealed to people not to believe in rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city