Pune blasts: Maha HM reviews security situation
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil tonight reviewed security situation with senior officials, following the four low-intensity explosions in Pune.
The explosions came over two years after the bomb blast at German Bakery in Pune, which killed 17 people and injured 64 at Koregaon park on February 13, 2010.
Patil discussed the situation with top Home Department officials, sources said. An alert has been issued following the explosions, which come a day ahead of the Raksha Bandhan festivities.
A strict vigil will be maintained at crowded places like railway and bus stations, malls, markets and lodges, a Home Department official said.
Explosions in Pune occurred near Balgandharva Theatre, at a Dena Bank branch and a McDonalds joint, while another explosion was reported in a dustbin in the area.
Meanwhile, Patil left for Pune to visit the sites of the explosions and will meet senior police officials, including the Pune Commissioner of Police Gulabrao Pol.
Patil appealed to people not to believe in rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29