Pune blasts: Northern Railway heightens security at stations
New Delhi: In the wake of Pune serial blasts, Northern Railway has heightened security measures at its stations including those in the national capital.
Dog squads of Railway Protection Force (RPF) has been pressed into service at New Delhi, Delhi Cantt, Delhi Jn, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar, Lucknow, Varanasi, Moradabad, Haridwar, Jammu, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Ambala and other stations, a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
Electronic surveillance has also been stepped up at important railway stations in Delhi, he said.
Checking and frisking of passengers are being done in coordination with GRP personnel, the spokesperson said.
He said the Chief Security Commissioner of Northern Railway has also advised all senior divisional security commissioners at Delhi, Ambala, Firozpur, Jammu and Kashmir, Moradabad and Lucknow to maintain high level of visibility and "pro-active presence of RPF" at important stations.
Northern Railway is considered one of the busiest zones in the country, with New Delhi alone handling close to 700 passenger trains daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad