Pune blasts: Shinde convenes high-level meet
New Delhi: Home Minister Suhilkumar Shinde convened a high-level meeting on Thursday to assess the security situation in the country.
As the meeting is being was held a day after the serial bomb blasts in Pune, the issue was high on the agenda. The meeting was attended by Home Secretary RK Singh and senior officials from intelligence agencies like RAW and IB.
Although terror angle has not yet been proved in the blasts, the coordinated nature of the blasts has given credence to the belief that it was done by an organized outfit.
Clearly, Shinde has a huge task at hand as the blast occurred on the day he took over as India’s Home Minister.
Four blasts had occurred yesterday evening between 7.27 pm and 8.15 pm at four spots, within metres of each other, on JM Road. One person was injured in the blast. He was earlier thought to be the bomb planter, now reports claim that he was not involved in the blast conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter