Pune blasts: Shinde convenes high-level meet
New Delhi: Home Minister Suhilkumar Shinde convened a high-level meeting on Thursday to assess the security situation in the country.
As the meeting is being was held a day after the serial bomb blasts in Pune, the issue was high on the agenda. The meeting was attended by Home Secretary RK Singh and senior officials from intelligence agencies like RAW and IB.
Although terror angle has not yet been proved in the blasts, the coordinated nature of the blasts has given credence to the belief that it was done by an organized outfit.
Clearly, Shinde has a huge task at hand as the blast occurred on the day he took over as India’s Home Minister.
Four blasts had occurred yesterday evening between 7.27 pm and 8.15 pm at four spots, within metres of each other, on JM Road. One person was injured in the blast. He was earlier thought to be the bomb planter, now reports claim that he was not involved in the blast conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place