Pune blasts: Shinde convenes high-level meet
New Delhi: Home Minister Suhilkumar Shinde convened a high-level meeting on Thursday to assess the security situation in the country.
As the meeting is being was held a day after the serial bomb blasts in Pune, the issue was high on the agenda. The meeting was attended by Home Secretary RK Singh and senior officials from intelligence agencies like RAW and IB.
Although terror angle has not yet been proved in the blasts, the coordinated nature of the blasts has given credence to the belief that it was done by an organized outfit.
Clearly, Shinde has a huge task at hand as the blast occurred on the day he took over as India’s Home Minister.
Four blasts had occurred yesterday evening between 7.27 pm and 8.15 pm at four spots, within metres of each other, on JM Road. One person was injured in the blast. He was earlier thought to be the bomb planter, now reports claim that he was not involved in the blast conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pro-EU Londoners rebel with `Lexit` secession call
- Maiden flight of Su-30 MKI with BrahMos missile successful
- Turkey police detain 28 in raids on Erdogan foes
- AAP MLA arrested for sexual harassment, Kejriwal attacks PM with ''Emergency'' taunt
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a special friend: Subramanian Swamy