Pune blasts: Shinde convenes high-level meet
New Delhi: Home Minister Suhilkumar Shinde convened a high-level meeting on Thursday to assess the security situation in the country.
As the meeting is being was held a day after the serial bomb blasts in Pune, the issue was high on the agenda. The meeting was attended by Home Secretary RK Singh and senior officials from intelligence agencies like RAW and IB.
Although terror angle has not yet been proved in the blasts, the coordinated nature of the blasts has given credence to the belief that it was done by an organized outfit.
Clearly, Shinde has a huge task at hand as the blast occurred on the day he took over as India’s Home Minister.
Four blasts had occurred yesterday evening between 7.27 pm and 8.15 pm at four spots, within metres of each other, on JM Road. One person was injured in the blast. He was earlier thought to be the bomb planter, now reports claim that he was not involved in the blast conspiracy.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today