Pune Don Bosco VP arrested for alleged molestation
Pune: In yet another shocking incident, the vice-principal of Don Bosco School was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly molesting a school student.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 PM when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
Soon after the news spread, the incident triggered public protest and several political workers also gathered outside the school demanding the immediate arrest of the vice principal.
Don Bosco is one of the most prestigious academic institutions of Pune, and such an incident is sure to elevate the current paranoia about sexual vulnerability in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love