Pune driver went berserk due to ‘black magic’
Pune: The killer bus driver Santosh Maruti Mane, who went on a run over spree, Wednesday, claimed that he was haunted by some unknown evil spell.
The insane driver who killed nine and injured more than 27 yesterday in a mowing frenzy, was sent to police custody till February 3.
Officers of Pune crime branch who are interrogating the driver have got some weird answers from him.
The sources at the crime branch told to a leading newspaper that Santosh claimed getting frequent strange dreams portraying people getting killed in war. He also said that someone was practicing black magic against him.
He told the officers, “Mala swapna padlay ani tya madhe lok martat. Koni tari mazyawar karni keli ahe. Mazya kana madhe goongoon hotay. Ani mala kahi mahit nahi. (I get dreams in which people die. Someone is doing black magic against me. I hear humming sounds. I don’t know anything.”
It seems that the driver, who had yesterday pleaded people to kill him after being caught, is trying to dodge the questions by the extortion-cell.
With DNA inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown