Pune driver went berserk due to ‘black magic’
Pune: The killer bus driver Santosh Maruti Mane, who went on a run over spree, Wednesday, claimed that he was haunted by some unknown evil spell.
The insane driver who killed nine and injured more than 27 yesterday in a mowing frenzy, was sent to police custody till February 3.
Officers of Pune crime branch who are interrogating the driver have got some weird answers from him.
The sources at the crime branch told to a leading newspaper that Santosh claimed getting frequent strange dreams portraying people getting killed in war. He also said that someone was practicing black magic against him.
He told the officers, “Mala swapna padlay ani tya madhe lok martat. Koni tari mazyawar karni keli ahe. Mazya kana madhe goongoon hotay. Ani mala kahi mahit nahi. (I get dreams in which people die. Someone is doing black magic against me. I hear humming sounds. I don’t know anything.”
It seems that the driver, who had yesterday pleaded people to kill him after being caught, is trying to dodge the questions by the extortion-cell.
With DNA inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard