Pune explosions: CCTV footage unclear
Pune: Intermittent rains in the city on August 1 when four explosions occurred on the bustling Jangli Maharaj Road, adversely affected visibility of the CCTV footage seized from the establishments near the blast sites.
As most of the CCTV cameras at the actual blast sites -- Balgandharva Theatre, McDonald outlet and Dena Bank branch -- were found to be non-functional, the investigators probing the seemingly abortive serial blasts here have been trying to analyse the footage available with other commercial establishments in the vicinity to look for suspicious movements of possible suspects.
Confirming poor quality of the CCTV footage available, a senior police officer said, "The visibility of CCTV footage recovered from some of the establishments on JM road is not clear as it was raining on the evening of blasts."
City police commissioner Gulabrao Pol, who confirmed visibility problem with the CCTV footage, said the work of analyzing the CCTV clips was voluminous and time consuming.
Police have seized CCTV footage running into several hours from shops, hotels and commercial establishments on the arterial road which witnessed the bomb explosions.One person was injured in one of the blasts that occurred near Balgandharva Theatre.
The investigators, comprising Maharashtra ATS and city crime branch, who carried out a sustained interrogation of Dayanand Patil, the lone injured person in whose bag the explosive went off, have so far drawn a blank with no concrete clue emerging, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed