Pune firing: Situation peaceful; probe ordered
Pune: A day after police firing and violence
in Maval near here, killing three persons, the situation is
peaceful and under control, official sources said on Wednesday.
A magisterial inquiry had been ordered into the firing in
which three farmers were killed and one seriously injured,
District collector Vikas Deshmukh said.
He clarified that the figure of dead in the police firing
so far was three and not four as reported earlier and one of
the seriously injured was being treated at a hospital at
Deshmukh said about 50 police personnel including ten
officers too were injured in the stone pelting in the farmers`
protest on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, against a closed
pipeline project on the Pavna dam to facilitate water supply
to the industrial township of Pimpri-Chinchwad.
Many private and police vehicles were damaged in the
violent incidents that blocked the highway for hours
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar
today visited the injured in hospitals to inquire about their
Shiv Sena spokesperson and MLC Neelam Gorhe demanded
resignation of Pawar, District Guardian Minister, for
"unwarranted" police firing at Maval, about 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia