Pune firing: Situation peaceful; probe ordered
Pune: A day after police firing and violence
in Maval near here, killing three persons, the situation is
peaceful and under control, official sources said on Wednesday.
A magisterial inquiry had been ordered into the firing in
which three farmers were killed and one seriously injured,
District collector Vikas Deshmukh said.
He clarified that the figure of dead in the police firing
so far was three and not four as reported earlier and one of
the seriously injured was being treated at a hospital at
Deshmukh said about 50 police personnel including ten
officers too were injured in the stone pelting in the farmers`
protest on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, against a closed
pipeline project on the Pavna dam to facilitate water supply
to the industrial township of Pimpri-Chinchwad.
Many private and police vehicles were damaged in the
violent incidents that blocked the highway for hours
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar
today visited the injured in hospitals to inquire about their
Shiv Sena spokesperson and MLC Neelam Gorhe demanded
resignation of Pawar, District Guardian Minister, for
"unwarranted" police firing at Maval, about 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far