Pune gangrape: Two persons convicted
Pune: A Sessions court on Saturday convicted
two persons arrested in connection with the sensational gang
rape and murder of a 26-year-old executive of Wipro BPO in
The court will pronounce the quantum of sentence on
The victim, who was an employee of the firm, was raped
before being murdered by a cab driver and his accomplice in
Pune on November 1, 2007.
"There were no eyewitnesses in the case. Due to the
concrete evidence and examination of 29 witnesses, the court
held the two accused, Purushottam Borate (28), cab driver and
his accomplice Pradeep Kokate (26) guilty," Ujjwal Nikam,
special public prosecutor, said.
The woman, who hailed from Gorakhpur, was staying with
her sister and brother-in-law at the time of the incident. She
had joined the call centre as an associate in 2006, Nikam
Investigating officials, who had arrested the cab
driver and his friend, said the woman, who was alone in the
vehicle and could not make out, which way the cab was going.
She was not well-versed with the area`s topography.
She was raped and then strangulated with a scarf. The
accused had also smashed her head with stones. Her body found
in a field had deep strangulation marks on the neck and
injuries on the hands and legs, Nikam said.
Police said that after the incident, the cab driver
picked up other employees on the way, as he returned to the
Wipro call centre, as if nothing had happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report