Pune landslide: Siddhivinayak temple trust to give Rs 50 lakh to Malin village
Mumbai: The Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Mandir Nyas (Prabhadevi) Trust here announced a donation of Rs 50 lakh towards relief measures in the landslide-hit Malin village in Pune district.
"At a meeting here today, it was decided to contribute to the relief work in the village," Trust executive officer Mangesh Shinde said.
As many as 44 houses were crushed in Malin village, situated in Ambegaon taluka, around 120 kms from the Pune district headquarters in Western Maharashtra, by the massive landslide that occurred yesterday morning, trapping about 160 people under the debris.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, who visited the site today, expressed shock if it was a natural or man-made disaster.
"Shattered after visiting Malin landslide. Is it destiny or man made disaster, I wonder?" the senior state BJP leader tweeted.
"Government authorities, especially NDRF are on their toes and doing their best to take out bodies below debris. Thirty bodies recovered. Many more feared dead," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Blake Lively flaunts her baby bump, shows 'Expectation vs. Reality'
- Priyanka Chopra to sing LIVE at IIFA for the first time ever! – Details inside
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!