Pune landslide: Siddhivinayak temple trust to give Rs 50 lakh to Malin village
Mumbai: The Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Mandir Nyas (Prabhadevi) Trust here announced a donation of Rs 50 lakh towards relief measures in the landslide-hit Malin village in Pune district.
"At a meeting here today, it was decided to contribute to the relief work in the village," Trust executive officer Mangesh Shinde said.
As many as 44 houses were crushed in Malin village, situated in Ambegaon taluka, around 120 kms from the Pune district headquarters in Western Maharashtra, by the massive landslide that occurred yesterday morning, trapping about 160 people under the debris.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, who visited the site today, expressed shock if it was a natural or man-made disaster.
"Shattered after visiting Malin landslide. Is it destiny or man made disaster, I wonder?" the senior state BJP leader tweeted.
"Government authorities, especially NDRF are on their toes and doing their best to take out bodies below debris. Thirty bodies recovered. Many more feared dead," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Have you seen Deepika Padukone's cute video DP yet? Watch now
- Revealed: How terrorists posing as Afghan medical tourists had planned to attack Delhi
- Gautam Deb: The man behind Mamata's successful Mission North Bengal
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav non-committal on liquor ban, asks people to drink less
- IPL 9: This is a million times better than any hundred I have scored - AB de Villiers on 79-run knock vs GL