Pune police seek Hasan Ali Khan`s custody
Mumbai: The Pune police have moved the
special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court here,
seeking custody of stud-farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, accused of
money-laundering and tax evasion, in a passport-related case
Chatushrungi police in Pune registered a case against
Khan on December 21 for submitting false information when
applying for renewal of passport in 2004.
"Pune police have filed an application for Khan`s
custody. Hearing on the application would be held next week,"
special public prosecutor Dileep Shah said on Thursday.
Pune passport office has filed a complainant against Khan
for giving false information in 2004. According to police,
Khan, at the time, gave his address as Panjigutta in
Hyderabad, though he did not live there.
Khan is facing trial here for alleged laundering of
billions of dollars in foreign banks, alongwith his `adviser`
Kashinath Tapuriah. According to Enforcement Directorate, a
large chunk of this money had come from sale of weapons to
international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'