Pune techie murder: Minister seeks ban on controversial outfit
Mumbai: Naseem Khan, a senior Congress minister in Maharashtra, on Saturday demanded a ban on the right-wing organisation Hindu Rashtra Sena whose members allegedly beat a 28-year-old software professional to death in Pune following tension over some images on the Facebook.
"I met Home Minister RR Patil and demanded that the government should ban the organisation," Khan, Minister for Textiles and Minorities Development, told reporters here.
Seventeen persons have been arrested so far in connection with the murder of Shaikh Mohasin Sadiq in Bankar Colony in Hadapsar area of Pune on Monday night.
Tension had prevailed in the city after reports of some objectionable images of King Shivaji and late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, uploaded on the Facebook by unknown persons, emerged.
"The anti-communal activities have increased after this outfit became active," the minister charged.
Meanwhile, Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Eknath Khadse told reporters that the "Maharashtra government has sent an initial report on the murder to the central government but the Centre is not satisfied with it”.
"The Centre has said that detailed inquiry needs to be done and has informed that no conclusion could be reached based on the report of the state government," Khadse said.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan Patil said, "We will have to maintain the law and order and take stringent action against those who take law into their hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city