Pune teen murder case: Parents want justice
Pune: The parents of Shubham Shirke, who was
abducted and murdered here allegedly by three of his friends
for ransom, have demanded justice for their son and stringent
punishment for the killers.
"My son was innocent and friendly with everybody. The
suspects tortured him before strangulating him to death for no
reason. We want justice," said Sunita Shirke, the mother of
the 15-year-old, who was killed by his classmate and two other
boys at Dighi on Saturday.
Sunita and Mahadev Shirke said, "This was a cold blooded
murder of a minor by minors. If the law is against stringent
punishment to minors, there is an urgent need to lower the age
limit for juvenile crimes."
The Shirkes also want that there should not be any
political interference in the investigation.
"We want special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to
conduct the trial of our son`s case," Sunita told reporters
yesterday at her residence in Dighi.
Shubham was kidnapped on Saturday from Dighi area and was
taken to a nearby hill where he was strangled to death. The
accused then made a call to his father Mahadev Shirke
demanding Rs 50,000 which was later brought down to Rs 15,000,
police had said.
However, Shubham was not released even after his father
Mahadev paid the money to the abductors that night following
the ransom call. Thereafter, the parents approached
Vishrantwadi police and three arrests were made in the case.
The teenager was a student of Priyadarshini English
Medium School in Bhosari area and had appeared for his Class
X exam this year. Out of the arrested accused, two are
minors and one has given 12th standard examination this year.
One out of the three friends is a classmate of the deceased.
According to police, the three accused would keenly
follow television serial `CID` based on real crime incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?