Pune varsity to continue external courses for now
Pune: The special management council meeting on Saturday decided to continue with the external education for under graduates (UG) and post-graduates (PG) till the varsity finds a viable option.
Talking to the press after the meeting, vice-chancellor WN Gade said, “We are setting up a special cell namely external implementation cell, which will look into the issue of UG and PG external admissions. Similarly, we have developed a software which will monitor the entire administration of the external. The main challenge before us is of maintaining the quality which I think we can address with these reforms.”
As reported earlier, Gade on Saturday accepted that the varsity was looking for a viable option like distance education, but said, “For now, we will continue with the external admissions. There was a false campaigning against the varsity about shutting down of the external department. There is no truth in the news that the university was closing down the external department. We understand its importance,” he said.
“We are trying to streamline these numbers of students. We will see that there is a uniform distribution of the students amongst the colleges and according to their capacity,” Gade added.
The varsity will implement the annual pattern and within one month the admission process for UG students going for PG will begin.
When asked about the fresh PG first year admission, Gade said that the admissions would also begin within a month’s time. “Since we are accepting the annual pattern, students will not have much trouble, even if the course starts late.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand