Pune varsity to continue external courses for now
Pune: The special management council meeting on Saturday decided to continue with the external education for under graduates (UG) and post-graduates (PG) till the varsity finds a viable option.
Talking to the press after the meeting, vice-chancellor WN Gade said, “We are setting up a special cell namely external implementation cell, which will look into the issue of UG and PG external admissions. Similarly, we have developed a software which will monitor the entire administration of the external. The main challenge before us is of maintaining the quality which I think we can address with these reforms.”
As reported earlier, Gade on Saturday accepted that the varsity was looking for a viable option like distance education, but said, “For now, we will continue with the external admissions. There was a false campaigning against the varsity about shutting down of the external department. There is no truth in the news that the university was closing down the external department. We understand its importance,” he said.
“We are trying to streamline these numbers of students. We will see that there is a uniform distribution of the students amongst the colleges and according to their capacity,” Gade added.
The varsity will implement the annual pattern and within one month the admission process for UG students going for PG will begin.
When asked about the fresh PG first year admission, Gade said that the admissions would also begin within a month’s time. “Since we are accepting the annual pattern, students will not have much trouble, even if the course starts late.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened