Pune woman rams car into vehicles, eight hurt
Pune: The 22-year-old woman driver, who lost
control of her Mercedes resulting in minor injuries to about
eight persons here, has tested negative for alcohol, police
Aditi, after losing control over the wheel hit a woman
pedestrian last night and then entered a `no entry` lane in
Kondhwa area with her car dashing against about a dozen
vehicles, causing scare and chaos, they said.
She was arrested and booked under various sections of the
Motor Vehicle Act and 279 of IPC for reckless driving.
A student of interior designing, Aditi is the daughter of
noted city cardiologist Dr Ranjit Jagtap.
According to police, panic reaction on part of the driver
after her car hit the pedestrian, led to more trouble as she
took a wrong side entailing frictions with many vehicles
including motorbikes, a rickshaw and a bus on the Salunke
Vihar road here.
Police, who have stepped up vigil for the ongoing Ganesh
festival revelry, arrived on the scene at a time when an angry
mob had started pelting stones at the Mercedes.
Two of the injured were treated at a hospital and none
was reported to be in a serious condition.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district