Pune: Woman throws 3 kids into river, kills self
Pune: A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town here, police said Thursday.
The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima yesterday and threw three of them - aged one and a half, four and six - from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother- Afrin Shaikh- too jumped to her death.
All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman`s husband is a truck driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 flash sale on June 28; receives record 5.25 lakh registrations
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh
- Euro 2016, Fixtures, Live Streaming, Italy, Spain, England, Iceland, Football News, International Football