Pune`s German Bakery to reopen by this month-end
Pune: The landmark German Bakery which was
devastated in the February 13 terrorist bomb attack here last
year, will be reopened by the end of this month, the owner
The eatery frequented by foreigners was ripped apart by a
bomb that killed 17 persons and injured over 50 bringing Pune
on the terrorist radar for the first time after the 26/11
Asked to react to reports that the establishment, known
for certain specialised snacks might be thrown open for
customers under a new management on August 15, Independence
Day, Smita Kharose, the owner, said the place still needed
"finishing" touches before its much awaited inauguration.
"However, the Bakery will certainly reopen by the end of
this month," she added.
The eatery located in the posh Koregaon park area, in the
vicinity of Osho Ashram, would now be run by a new management.
The Maharashtra government had sanctioned financial
assistance of Rs 14 lakh to the owner of the Germany Bakery,
soon after the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'