Pune`s German Bakery to reopen by this month-end
Pune: The landmark German Bakery which was
devastated in the February 13 terrorist bomb attack here last
year, will be reopened by the end of this month, the owner
The eatery frequented by foreigners was ripped apart by a
bomb that killed 17 persons and injured over 50 bringing Pune
on the terrorist radar for the first time after the 26/11
Asked to react to reports that the establishment, known
for certain specialised snacks might be thrown open for
customers under a new management on August 15, Independence
Day, Smita Kharose, the owner, said the place still needed
"finishing" touches before its much awaited inauguration.
"However, the Bakery will certainly reopen by the end of
this month," she added.
The eatery located in the posh Koregaon park area, in the
vicinity of Osho Ashram, would now be run by a new management.
The Maharashtra government had sanctioned financial
assistance of Rs 14 lakh to the owner of the Germany Bakery,
soon after the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok