Punish those found guilty in Adarsh scam: Maha CM
Pune: In an apparent reference to Mumbai`s Adarsh Housing Society scam, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the case should be disposed of speedily, bringing the guilty to justice.
Without naming the high-profile scam, he said "In the US, a case of insider trading was disposed of within a month. At present a case in Maharashtra has become a topic of daily discussion. There is a judicial commission set up. Those who are found guilty should be punished, closing the case."
The Chief Minister was speaking at a symposium on "Media and Politics" organised by Lokmat Group.
Chavan`s comments come in the midst of ongoing depositions of his predecessors - Ashok Chavan, Sushilkumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh - before the two-member judicial panel appointed by the State Government to probe the scam.
The scam, which came to light in November 2010 and led to resignation of then Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, relates to irregularities in the construction of a 31-storeyed building in South Mumbai.
All three former chief ministers had dealt with files related to the Adarsh housing society. Ashok Chavan appeared before the panel for a second time today.
The Chief Minister, who attended the launch of a Hindi daily of the Lokmat group, also said financial markets were reacting favourably after the Prime Minister took charge of the finance portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof