Purke elected Mah Assembly Dy Speaker
Nagpur: Congress leader and former State
Education Minister, Vasant Purke was Saturday elected unopposed
as the Deputy Speaker of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil announced this on the floor of
the House after Shiv Sena nominee Suryakant Dalvi withdrew his
nomination before the expiry of nominations withdrawal today.
A post graduate in Marathi, Purke is in the teaching
profession and represents the reserved ST constituency of
Ralegaon in Yavatmal district.
The leader has been representing this seat since 1995 and
held the portfolio of School Education, Sports and Youth
Welfare in the Vilasrao Deshmukh government.
Members across party lines greeted him bu thumping the
desks and was escorted to his seat by leaders of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news