Qnet scam complainant arrested for assaulting father
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Thursday arrested the complainant in the multi-crore Qnet scam for allegedly assaulting his 68-year-old father with an iron rod.
"Gurupreet Singh Anand was arrested today, produced in court and later granted bail," a police officer said.
According to suburban Andheri West`s Oshiwara police, a complaint against Gurupreet Singh was filed by his father Inderjeet Singh Anand.
In his complaint, Inderjeet said that on October 31 last year, Gurupreet was at home wearing only a brief, police said.
When his father Inderjeet told his son that he ought to wear something more, since friends and relatives would visit home, Gurupreet abused his father and then allegedly assaulted him with an iron rod, they said.
His father Inderjeet fell on the ground and bled profusely, after which he called up his daughter and narrated the incident, they added.
After his daughter reached home, she accompanied Inderjeet to the police station to file a case against Gurupreet, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni