Qnet scam complainant arrested for assaulting father
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Thursday arrested the complainant in the multi-crore Qnet scam for allegedly assaulting his 68-year-old father with an iron rod.
"Gurupreet Singh Anand was arrested today, produced in court and later granted bail," a police officer said.
According to suburban Andheri West`s Oshiwara police, a complaint against Gurupreet Singh was filed by his father Inderjeet Singh Anand.
In his complaint, Inderjeet said that on October 31 last year, Gurupreet was at home wearing only a brief, police said.
When his father Inderjeet told his son that he ought to wear something more, since friends and relatives would visit home, Gurupreet abused his father and then allegedly assaulted him with an iron rod, they said.
His father Inderjeet fell on the ground and bled profusely, after which he called up his daughter and narrated the incident, they added.
After his daughter reached home, she accompanied Inderjeet to the police station to file a case against Gurupreet, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price