Qnet scam complainant arrested for assaulting father
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Thursday arrested the complainant in the multi-crore Qnet scam for allegedly assaulting his 68-year-old father with an iron rod.
"Gurupreet Singh Anand was arrested today, produced in court and later granted bail," a police officer said.
According to suburban Andheri West`s Oshiwara police, a complaint against Gurupreet Singh was filed by his father Inderjeet Singh Anand.
In his complaint, Inderjeet said that on October 31 last year, Gurupreet was at home wearing only a brief, police said.
When his father Inderjeet told his son that he ought to wear something more, since friends and relatives would visit home, Gurupreet abused his father and then allegedly assaulted him with an iron rod, they said.
His father Inderjeet fell on the ground and bled profusely, after which he called up his daughter and narrated the incident, they added.
After his daughter reached home, she accompanied Inderjeet to the police station to file a case against Gurupreet, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?