Quake jolts several parts of Maharashtra
Mumbai: Tremors shook some parts of Maharashtra early Monday, barely 12 hours after the earthquake that rocked northern and eastern India, an official said.
The tremors were recorded around 6.20 a.m., but the intensity or its epicentre have not yet been confirmed, the official from the Seismological Monitoring Centre here said.
So far there is no information on loss of life or property from anywhere.
Among the areas which were shaken up Monday include Latur, Osmanabad and Solapur districts.
Maharashtra had been hit by a mega-quake Sep 30, 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details