Ragged by seniors engineering student attempts suicide
Nashik: Disheartened due to alleged ragging
by hostel seniors, an engineering student here attempted
suicide by slitting his wrist veins, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Praveen Ananda Pawar, a student
of B.Tech at K K Wagh engineering college here, was rushed to
hospital where his condition is stated to be out of danger,
Police have registered an offence against three students
and two professors in this connection, they said. The names of
professors booked along with hostelers could not be known.
Praveen had earlier complained about the ragging to two
professors but they did not take any action. His seniors
continued to harass him, following which he slit his wrist
with razer blade last night, police said.
Three of his seniors Gokul Shinde, Hrishikesh Harade and
Balu were booked under the relevant sections, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama's half-brother says he will vote for Donald Trump
- Three Ukrainian soldiers killed in separatist east
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Isolate those who harbour terrorists: India to international community
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer