Ragged by seniors engineering student attempts suicide
Nashik: Disheartened due to alleged ragging
by hostel seniors, an engineering student here attempted
suicide by slitting his wrist veins, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Praveen Ananda Pawar, a student
of B.Tech at K K Wagh engineering college here, was rushed to
hospital where his condition is stated to be out of danger,
Police have registered an offence against three students
and two professors in this connection, they said. The names of
professors booked along with hostelers could not be known.
Praveen had earlier complained about the ragging to two
professors but they did not take any action. His seniors
continued to harass him, following which he slit his wrist
with razer blade last night, police said.
Three of his seniors Gokul Shinde, Hrishikesh Harade and
Balu were booked under the relevant sections, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof