Ragging case: Nursing student accuses seniors of assault in Akola
Akola: A third-year student of Government Nursing College here has filed a complaint against her seniors, accusing them of assault.
Radhika Kankirat (21), the student, has said that her seniors from the fourth year assaulted her yesterday for refusing to collect their hostel `outpass`.
"I was even kicked in the stomach by my seniors. My left hand has been fractured. One of my seniors also took a bite of my right ear," she told PTI.
She also said that police arrested her brother, as a local students` organisation allegedly vandalised the college office.
She further alleged that college authorities threatened to dismiss her if she did not withdraw her police complaint.
An official from the state medical education department said that the department was probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!