Ragging case: Nursing student accuses seniors of assault in Akola
Akola: A third-year student of Government Nursing College here has filed a complaint against her seniors, accusing them of assault.
Radhika Kankirat (21), the student, has said that her seniors from the fourth year assaulted her yesterday for refusing to collect their hostel `outpass`.
"I was even kicked in the stomach by my seniors. My left hand has been fractured. One of my seniors also took a bite of my right ear," she told PTI.
She also said that police arrested her brother, as a local students` organisation allegedly vandalised the college office.
She further alleged that college authorities threatened to dismiss her if she did not withdraw her police complaint.
An official from the state medical education department said that the department was probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence