Ragging case: Nursing student accuses seniors of assault in Akola
Akola: A third-year student of Government Nursing College here has filed a complaint against her seniors, accusing them of assault.
Radhika Kankirat (21), the student, has said that her seniors from the fourth year assaulted her yesterday for refusing to collect their hostel `outpass`.
"I was even kicked in the stomach by my seniors. My left hand has been fractured. One of my seniors also took a bite of my right ear," she told PTI.
She also said that police arrested her brother, as a local students` organisation allegedly vandalised the college office.
She further alleged that college authorities threatened to dismiss her if she did not withdraw her police complaint.
An official from the state medical education department said that the department was probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...