Ragpicker rape: 3 accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Three persons, who have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old ragpicker girl in an isolated tractor-house locality near Kannamwar bridge, have been remanded in seven days police custody till April 11.
The trio was produced before Chief Judicial magistrate AD Sawant last evening.
On Thursday, driver Tausif Sharif Shah (19), Mohsin Dadamiyan Shah (19) and Sameer Haider Shah (20) sexually assaulted the girl in an isolated area after roughing her male friend, who had boarded the rickshaw with her.
The men allegedly gang-raped her yesterday too. The trio were arrested after her friend, who was kept captive, managed to escape and inform the police about the trio and the rickshaw number.
The girl has been admitted to Nashik Civil hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside