Ragpicker rape: 3 accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Three persons, who have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old ragpicker girl in an isolated tractor-house locality near Kannamwar bridge, have been remanded in seven days police custody till April 11.
The trio was produced before Chief Judicial magistrate AD Sawant last evening.
On Thursday, driver Tausif Sharif Shah (19), Mohsin Dadamiyan Shah (19) and Sameer Haider Shah (20) sexually assaulted the girl in an isolated area after roughing her male friend, who had boarded the rickshaw with her.
The men allegedly gang-raped her yesterday too. The trio were arrested after her friend, who was kept captive, managed to escape and inform the police about the trio and the rickshaw number.
The girl has been admitted to Nashik Civil hospital, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts