Ragpicker rape: 3 accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Three persons, who have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old ragpicker girl in an isolated tractor-house locality near Kannamwar bridge, have been remanded in seven days police custody till April 11.
The trio was produced before Chief Judicial magistrate AD Sawant last evening.
On Thursday, driver Tausif Sharif Shah (19), Mohsin Dadamiyan Shah (19) and Sameer Haider Shah (20) sexually assaulted the girl in an isolated area after roughing her male friend, who had boarded the rickshaw with her.
The men allegedly gang-raped her yesterday too. The trio were arrested after her friend, who was kept captive, managed to escape and inform the police about the trio and the rickshaw number.
The girl has been admitted to Nashik Civil hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II