Ragpicker rape: 3 accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Three persons, who have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old ragpicker girl in an isolated tractor-house locality near Kannamwar bridge, have been remanded in seven days police custody till April 11.
The trio was produced before Chief Judicial magistrate AD Sawant last evening.
On Thursday, driver Tausif Sharif Shah (19), Mohsin Dadamiyan Shah (19) and Sameer Haider Shah (20) sexually assaulted the girl in an isolated area after roughing her male friend, who had boarded the rickshaw with her.
The men allegedly gang-raped her yesterday too. The trio were arrested after her friend, who was kept captive, managed to escape and inform the police about the trio and the rickshaw number.
The girl has been admitted to Nashik Civil hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened