Ragpicker rape: 3 accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Three persons, who have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old ragpicker girl in an isolated tractor-house locality near Kannamwar bridge, have been remanded in seven days police custody till April 11.
The trio was produced before Chief Judicial magistrate AD Sawant last evening.
On Thursday, driver Tausif Sharif Shah (19), Mohsin Dadamiyan Shah (19) and Sameer Haider Shah (20) sexually assaulted the girl in an isolated area after roughing her male friend, who had boarded the rickshaw with her.
The men allegedly gang-raped her yesterday too. The trio were arrested after her friend, who was kept captive, managed to escape and inform the police about the trio and the rickshaw number.
The girl has been admitted to Nashik Civil hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player