Rahul condoles deaths in Maharashtra landslide
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi Wednesday condoled the deaths in a landslide in a village near Pune in Maharashtra.
"My condolences to those who have lost loved ones in the landslide in Ambegaon near Pune. I pray that the ongoing rescue efforts rapidly reach those still trapped under the debris. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Ambegaon," Gandhi said in a message.
At least 25 people were killed and over 160 remain trapped under a hillock which crashed on a village near Pune early Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why