Rahul condoles deaths in Maharashtra landslide
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi Wednesday condoled the deaths in a landslide in a village near Pune in Maharashtra.
"My condolences to those who have lost loved ones in the landslide in Ambegaon near Pune. I pray that the ongoing rescue efforts rapidly reach those still trapped under the debris. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Ambegaon," Gandhi said in a message.
At least 25 people were killed and over 160 remain trapped under a hillock which crashed on a village near Pune early Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city