Rahul Gandhi to tour Maharashtra from Feb 28 to Mar 1
Mumbai: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will tour Maharashtra from February 28 to March 1 as part of the party`s campaign for the Lok Sabha polls.
Though his itinerary is still being finalised, the Amethi MP, who is Co-chairman of Congress Campaign Committee for the polls, is likely to tour rural Maharashtra first before visiting Mumbai on March 1.
"Road shows, rallies and interactions are being planned during his visit. The final schedule will be ready in a few days," AICC General Secretary in-charge of Maharashtra affairs Mohan Prakash told reporters here today.
He said status quo will be maintained on the Congress- NCP seat-sharing arrangement in the State, where the former will contest 26 Lok Sabha seats and the latter 22.
"Discussions are on for swapping one or two seats. But as of now, its status quo," he said in reply to a question.
Asked about NCP President and Union Minister Sharad Pawar`s recent comments on BJP leader Narendra Modi and reports of their meeting, Prakash said, "Pawar has already clarified on the issue.
"He is a senior leader whose secular credentials are not to be doubted. He is not just an NCP leader but a prominent UPA leader."
Prakash dismissed a recent pre-poll survey which predicted a dismal showing by the Congress in the upcoming elections. "The poll predictions are baseless. Congress will do well on the basis on the UPA Government`s development agenda of the last ten years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt