Rahul to meet Maharashtra`s district Congress leaders: MPCC
Nagpur: All India Congress Committee (AICC) Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be on a two-day tour of Maharashtra from September 23 for organisational purpose, a senior Congress leader said here on Sunday.
Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre said this while talking to reporters here.
Gandhi would attend meetings in Vidarbha region`s districts along with Hingoli, Parbhani, Nanded, Malegaon and Nashik on September 23, after which he would move to Pune for meetings with party men from the rest of Maharashtra on September 24, Thakre said.
The entire tour is pre-planned only to ramp up the organisational set up through one-to-one dialogue with grassroot level Congress leaders. There is no political agenda or no direct connection with politics or 2014 general elections, Thakre said.
Earlier, Maharashtra Youth Congress President Vishwajeet Kadam had said that Gandhi would address youth leaders at the organisation`s national executive meet scheduled from September 23 to September 25 at Sewagram, Wardha, but Thakre denied that he is scheduled to attend any such event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit