Rahul to meet Maharashtra`s district Congress leaders: MPCC
Nagpur: All India Congress Committee (AICC) Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be on a two-day tour of Maharashtra from September 23 for organisational purpose, a senior Congress leader said here on Sunday.
Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre said this while talking to reporters here.
Gandhi would attend meetings in Vidarbha region`s districts along with Hingoli, Parbhani, Nanded, Malegaon and Nashik on September 23, after which he would move to Pune for meetings with party men from the rest of Maharashtra on September 24, Thakre said.
The entire tour is pre-planned only to ramp up the organisational set up through one-to-one dialogue with grassroot level Congress leaders. There is no political agenda or no direct connection with politics or 2014 general elections, Thakre said.
Earlier, Maharashtra Youth Congress President Vishwajeet Kadam had said that Gandhi would address youth leaders at the organisation`s national executive meet scheduled from September 23 to September 25 at Sewagram, Wardha, but Thakre denied that he is scheduled to attend any such event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming