Rahul`s elevation would inspire partymen: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday said Rahul Gandhi`s appointment as Vice President of Congress party would inspire the young cadres.
"His appointment is inspiring to all, especially young party workers, and will definitely give a thumping victory to the party in 2014 elections," Chavan said in a statement.
Chavan said this new development has created enthusiasm among party workers. Rahul Gandhi had created his own image as a compassionate and gentle leader, he added.
The Chief Minister said that Rahul had the capacity "to carry the great legacy" of his father.
Further lauding the scion of Gandhi dynasty, Chavan said that Rahul had always preferred to remain low-profile with a simple lifestyle.
Meanwhile, union agriculture minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar, while reacting to the development, told reporters last night that Rahul`s elevation was internal matter of Congress. "Every party has the right to chose its own leader," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him