Rahul`s elevation would inspire partymen: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday said Rahul Gandhi`s appointment as Vice President of Congress party would inspire the young cadres.
"His appointment is inspiring to all, especially young party workers, and will definitely give a thumping victory to the party in 2014 elections," Chavan said in a statement.
Chavan said this new development has created enthusiasm among party workers. Rahul Gandhi had created his own image as a compassionate and gentle leader, he added.
The Chief Minister said that Rahul had the capacity "to carry the great legacy" of his father.
Further lauding the scion of Gandhi dynasty, Chavan said that Rahul had always preferred to remain low-profile with a simple lifestyle.
Meanwhile, union agriculture minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar, while reacting to the development, told reporters last night that Rahul`s elevation was internal matter of Congress. "Every party has the right to chose its own leader," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back