‘Raids conducted on Kripashankar farcical’
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Friday described the raids
conducted by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai
police on the premises of former city Congress chief
Kripashankar Singh as "farcical" and alleged that Maharashtra
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and state Congress chief
Manikrao Thakre were protecting him.
"Singh was given time to move the Supreme Court so that
he could bring stay on the action to be taken by the police.
Chief Minister Chavan and Manikrao Thakre are mutually helping
him," Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
He also alleged that various leaders from Maharashtra and
Delhi are with Singh.
Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council
Vinod Tawade said that the state government and Mumbai police
should have immediately swung into action after the High Court
"The action was taken very late. He was given time to
dispose off the evidences and move the Supreme Court.
Government is helping Kripashankar Singh," Tawade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof