Raids on oil mafia: Stone pelting on police party in Nagpur
Nagpur: Close on the heels of the killing
of an additional collector checking oil pilferage, a police
party was on Tuesday attacked with stones when it had gone for
conducting raids at Rajurwadi near here as part of its ongoing
crackdown on oil mafia in Maharashtra.
The incident took place about 25 kms from here, when a
group of unidentified people, suspected to be local
oil-adulterators, began pelting stones on the police team and
damaged some of their vehicles, police said.
The situation was soon brought under control after
police swung into action sending additional force to the site.
No one was injured in the incident.
The raids on oil adulteration mafia across Maharashtra
was launched by authorities after the brutal killing of
Malegaon Additional Collector Yashwant Sonawane in Manmad on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on