Raids on oil mafia: Stone pelting on police party in Nagpur
Nagpur: Close on the heels of the killing
of an additional collector checking oil pilferage, a police
party was on Tuesday attacked with stones when it had gone for
conducting raids at Rajurwadi near here as part of its ongoing
crackdown on oil mafia in Maharashtra.
The incident took place about 25 kms from here, when a
group of unidentified people, suspected to be local
oil-adulterators, began pelting stones on the police team and
damaged some of their vehicles, police said.
The situation was soon brought under control after
police swung into action sending additional force to the site.
No one was injured in the incident.
The raids on oil adulteration mafia across Maharashtra
was launched by authorities after the brutal killing of
Malegaon Additional Collector Yashwant Sonawane in Manmad on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday