Rains in Nashik puts farmers at ease
Nashik: Nashik city and its adjoining areas on Sunday received fair amount of rains helping farmers to begin their sowing operations.
Rains have brought relief to the local people as well who have been facing acute water shortage as the Nashik Municipal Corporation had declared a 50 per cent water cut since last week.
Presently, water is supplied by tankers at many places as the Irrigation Department released 1,032 million cubic feet of water into the Godavari Canal in April-May.
Incidentally, the municipal corporation has approached Consumer Forum alleging that the Irrigation Department has violated an agreement and released the reserve water stock in the Gangapur Dam meant for the city to the Godavari canal.
Mayor Yatin Wagh today demanded that appropriate action should be taken against the irrigation department officials in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch