Rains lash Nashik, Shirdi and adjoining areas
Nashik: Nashik city and its adjoining areas have been experiencing rains since last night, reports received at the district headquarters said.
People facing a 50 percent water-cut here since last month, have heaved a sigh of relief, as Gangapur Dam which is the main drinking water source for Nashik city is left with only 10 per cent of its water stock.
Farmers too felt relieved because they can begin their sowing operations. They were worried when rains did not fall in June and almost half of July, when water levels in all major and small medium water reservoirs in the district went down.
They had also begun to expect a drought this year, but with rains falling, after a long dry spell, their morale seems to have gone up.
Meanwhile, heavy rains lashed Shirdi yesterday after gap of 20 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!