Rains lash Nashik, Shirdi and adjoining areas
Nashik: Nashik city and its adjoining areas have been experiencing rains since last night, reports received at the district headquarters said.
People facing a 50 percent water-cut here since last month, have heaved a sigh of relief, as Gangapur Dam which is the main drinking water source for Nashik city is left with only 10 per cent of its water stock.
Farmers too felt relieved because they can begin their sowing operations. They were worried when rains did not fall in June and almost half of July, when water levels in all major and small medium water reservoirs in the district went down.
They had also begun to expect a drought this year, but with rains falling, after a long dry spell, their morale seems to have gone up.
Meanwhile, heavy rains lashed Shirdi yesterday after gap of 20 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’