Raj drives ailing Uddhav Thackeray back home
Mumbai: Although Uddhav and Raj Thackeray may be political opponents but that doesn’t appear to be a factor in their personal relationship.
The rapport was evident on Monday when within hours of Uddhav being admitted to the hospital in suburban Bandra, his estranged cousin Raj was by his side.
The two warring cousins met publicly after nearly four years as Raj cancelled his trip to Alibaug in neighbouring Raigad district and rushed to Mumbai this afternoon upon hearing of Uddhav`s sudden illness.
Apart from Raj his mother, wife and other family members, visited Uddhav and enquired about his ailing cousin`s health.
Senior Sena leader and former speaker of Lok Sabha Manohar Joshi, who also rushed to the hospital this morning, told media persons that Uddhav was out of danger and was "feeling fine".
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was admitted to Lilavati hospital after he complained of chest pain.
Uddhav underwent an angiography in which a couple of blockages were detected in his heart.
Uddhav was discharged from the hospital later in the day. In what could be seen as a magnanimous gesture he was driven to his Matoshree residence in Raj’s car.
Thousands of anxious party workers and top leaders remained present outside the hospital premises all day long.
Later this evening, Raj met his uncle and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray at the latter`s residence.
The development was greeted in both parties with anticipation with some activists and political commentators terming it as an example of blood being thicker than politics.
An avid photographer, Uddhav was not feeling well since his recent foreign trip, they said.
Uddhav Thackeray, who will turn 52 later this month, is the son of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and has been handling the party affairs since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow