Raj drives ailing Uddhav Thackeray back home
Mumbai: Although Uddhav and Raj Thackeray may be political opponents but that doesn’t appear to be a factor in their personal relationship.
The rapport was evident on Monday when within hours of Uddhav being admitted to the hospital in suburban Bandra, his estranged cousin Raj was by his side.
The two warring cousins met publicly after nearly four years as Raj cancelled his trip to Alibaug in neighbouring Raigad district and rushed to Mumbai this afternoon upon hearing of Uddhav`s sudden illness.
Apart from Raj his mother, wife and other family members, visited Uddhav and enquired about his ailing cousin`s health.
Senior Sena leader and former speaker of Lok Sabha Manohar Joshi, who also rushed to the hospital this morning, told media persons that Uddhav was out of danger and was "feeling fine".
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was admitted to Lilavati hospital after he complained of chest pain.
Uddhav underwent an angiography in which a couple of blockages were detected in his heart.
Uddhav was discharged from the hospital later in the day. In what could be seen as a magnanimous gesture he was driven to his Matoshree residence in Raj’s car.
Thousands of anxious party workers and top leaders remained present outside the hospital premises all day long.
Later this evening, Raj met his uncle and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray at the latter`s residence.
The development was greeted in both parties with anticipation with some activists and political commentators terming it as an example of blood being thicker than politics.
An avid photographer, Uddhav was not feeling well since his recent foreign trip, they said.
Uddhav Thackeray, who will turn 52 later this month, is the son of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and has been handling the party affairs since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead