Raj drives ailing Uddhav Thackeray back home
Mumbai: Although Uddhav and Raj Thackeray may be political opponents but that doesn’t appear to be a factor in their personal relationship.
The rapport was evident on Monday when within hours of Uddhav being admitted to the hospital in suburban Bandra, his estranged cousin Raj was by his side.
The two warring cousins met publicly after nearly four years as Raj cancelled his trip to Alibaug in neighbouring Raigad district and rushed to Mumbai this afternoon upon hearing of Uddhav`s sudden illness.
Apart from Raj his mother, wife and other family members, visited Uddhav and enquired about his ailing cousin`s health.
Senior Sena leader and former speaker of Lok Sabha Manohar Joshi, who also rushed to the hospital this morning, told media persons that Uddhav was out of danger and was "feeling fine".
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was admitted to Lilavati hospital after he complained of chest pain.
Uddhav underwent an angiography in which a couple of blockages were detected in his heart.
Uddhav was discharged from the hospital later in the day. In what could be seen as a magnanimous gesture he was driven to his Matoshree residence in Raj’s car.
Thousands of anxious party workers and top leaders remained present outside the hospital premises all day long.
Later this evening, Raj met his uncle and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray at the latter`s residence.
The development was greeted in both parties with anticipation with some activists and political commentators terming it as an example of blood being thicker than politics.
An avid photographer, Uddhav was not feeling well since his recent foreign trip, they said.
Uddhav Thackeray, who will turn 52 later this month, is the son of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and has been handling the party affairs since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery