Raj meets ailing Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray on Thursday met his uncle and Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who is not keeping good health.
The 86-year-old Sena patriarch has been ailing for some time and Raj is understood to have enquired about his health. This was Raj`s fourth meeting with his uncle in four months.
The MNS president, accompanied by wife Sharmila, visited his uncle`s residence Matoshree in suburban Bandra.
The meeting comes after the MNS chief`s visit to Matoshree in July after cousin Uddhav`s angioplasty. Raj had met his uncle then and also twice last month.
At the Sena Dussehra rally here last week, ailing Bal Thackeray had virtually announced his retirement from public life and urged his followers to stand by son Uddhav and grandson Aditya.
"I have collapsed physically... I can`t walk... I am tired," Thackeray had said in a video-recorded address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest