Raj only provides free entertainment: Congress, NCP
Mumbai: Congress-NCP today hit out at MNS president Raj Thackeray over his speech at Kolhapur, saying he provides "free entertainment" and should rather take up mimicry.
Reacting to Raj`s statement last night that people should "cut off the hands" of migrants from other states if they indulge in crime in Maharashtra, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said Raj was misleading the youth.
To Raj`s allegation that Home Minister R R Patil`s followers were threatening MNS workers and their family members, Malik said Patil was not someone who threatens, but someone who acts against "who threaten others".
As to Raj`s mimicry of other political leaders in his speech, Malik said, "He could become a mimicry artist".
When asked if NCP would demand action against Raj for provocative statements, Malik said, "He speaks in ifs and buts. Hence, his statements doesn`t become liable for legal scrutiny."
State Congress spokesman Sachin Sawant described Raj`s rallies as "free entertainment".
"The state has a long tradition of one-man shows. Raj can continue it. His proposed blue print for state`s development is a farce," Sawant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling