Raj only provides free entertainment: Congress, NCP
Mumbai: Congress-NCP today hit out at MNS president Raj Thackeray over his speech at Kolhapur, saying he provides "free entertainment" and should rather take up mimicry.
Reacting to Raj`s statement last night that people should "cut off the hands" of migrants from other states if they indulge in crime in Maharashtra, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said Raj was misleading the youth.
To Raj`s allegation that Home Minister R R Patil`s followers were threatening MNS workers and their family members, Malik said Patil was not someone who threatens, but someone who acts against "who threaten others".
As to Raj`s mimicry of other political leaders in his speech, Malik said, "He could become a mimicry artist".
When asked if NCP would demand action against Raj for provocative statements, Malik said, "He speaks in ifs and buts. Hence, his statements doesn`t become liable for legal scrutiny."
State Congress spokesman Sachin Sawant described Raj`s rallies as "free entertainment".
"The state has a long tradition of one-man shows. Raj can continue it. His proposed blue print for state`s development is a farce," Sawant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future