Raj only provides free entertainment: Congress, NCP
Mumbai: Congress-NCP today hit out at MNS president Raj Thackeray over his speech at Kolhapur, saying he provides "free entertainment" and should rather take up mimicry.
Reacting to Raj`s statement last night that people should "cut off the hands" of migrants from other states if they indulge in crime in Maharashtra, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said Raj was misleading the youth.
To Raj`s allegation that Home Minister R R Patil`s followers were threatening MNS workers and their family members, Malik said Patil was not someone who threatens, but someone who acts against "who threaten others".
As to Raj`s mimicry of other political leaders in his speech, Malik said, "He could become a mimicry artist".
When asked if NCP would demand action against Raj for provocative statements, Malik said, "He speaks in ifs and buts. Hence, his statements doesn`t become liable for legal scrutiny."
State Congress spokesman Sachin Sawant described Raj`s rallies as "free entertainment".
"The state has a long tradition of one-man shows. Raj can continue it. His proposed blue print for state`s development is a farce," Sawant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook