‘Raj sits at home and instructs partymen to work’
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has criticised MNS chief Raj Thackeray for instructing his partymen to work towards the drought-affected people even as he himself relaxes at home.
"It is not only a pity but unfortunate that Raj Thackeray measures the depth of river Krishna (in Satara district) by standing in the `verandah` (open gallery) in Krushnakunj (Raj`s residence)," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
"He is giving orders from his residence to his party office-bearers to provide water and fodder for animals and is even giving diktat to MLAs from desisting foreign trips," Sawant said.
However, Raj has not actually visited drought-affected people to assess their condition, he rued.
"It seems that he is busy designing the blue-print on the development of Maharashtra. If Maharashtra is to progress like this then it is unfortunate for people of the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court