‘Raj sits at home and instructs partymen to work’
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has criticised MNS chief Raj Thackeray for instructing his partymen to work towards the drought-affected people even as he himself relaxes at home.
"It is not only a pity but unfortunate that Raj Thackeray measures the depth of river Krishna (in Satara district) by standing in the `verandah` (open gallery) in Krushnakunj (Raj`s residence)," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
"He is giving orders from his residence to his party office-bearers to provide water and fodder for animals and is even giving diktat to MLAs from desisting foreign trips," Sawant said.
However, Raj has not actually visited drought-affected people to assess their condition, he rued.
"It seems that he is busy designing the blue-print on the development of Maharashtra. If Maharashtra is to progress like this then it is unfortunate for people of the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH