‘Raj sits at home and instructs partymen to work’
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has criticised MNS chief Raj Thackeray for instructing his partymen to work towards the drought-affected people even as he himself relaxes at home.
"It is not only a pity but unfortunate that Raj Thackeray measures the depth of river Krishna (in Satara district) by standing in the `verandah` (open gallery) in Krushnakunj (Raj`s residence)," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
"He is giving orders from his residence to his party office-bearers to provide water and fodder for animals and is even giving diktat to MLAs from desisting foreign trips," Sawant said.
However, Raj has not actually visited drought-affected people to assess their condition, he rued.
"It seems that he is busy designing the blue-print on the development of Maharashtra. If Maharashtra is to progress like this then it is unfortunate for people of the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire