Raj Thackeray comes under fire for calling CST as VT
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, who forced filmmaker Karan Johar to apologise for calling Mumbai as `Bombay` in his film, is now the target of critics for calling the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) by its former name VT (Victoria Terminus).
The bustling terminus, designed by Frederick William Stevens, a consulting architect in 1887-1888, was renamed as Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in 1996 but the abbreviation VT has stuck and Raj proved he is no exception.
"At a recent function here, Raj repeatedly called CST as VT. He has no right to preach others," former minister Nawab Malik said.
Raj was addressing a gathering at the railway station, recalling his visits to the terminus during college days.
The MNS chief then travelled by the Harbour line to CST for three years while studying at the JJ School of Arts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what