Raj Thackeray comes under fire for calling CST as VT
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, who forced filmmaker Karan Johar to apologise for calling Mumbai as `Bombay` in his film, is now the target of critics for calling the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) by its former name VT (Victoria Terminus).
The bustling terminus, designed by Frederick William Stevens, a consulting architect in 1887-1888, was renamed as Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in 1996 but the abbreviation VT has stuck and Raj proved he is no exception.
"At a recent function here, Raj repeatedly called CST as VT. He has no right to preach others," former minister Nawab Malik said.
Raj was addressing a gathering at the railway station, recalling his visits to the terminus during college days.
The MNS chief then travelled by the Harbour line to CST for three years while studying at the JJ School of Arts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?