Raj Thackeray comes under fire for calling CST as VT
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, who forced filmmaker Karan Johar to apologise for calling Mumbai as `Bombay` in his film, is now the target of critics for calling the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) by its former name VT (Victoria Terminus).
The bustling terminus, designed by Frederick William Stevens, a consulting architect in 1887-1888, was renamed as Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in 1996 but the abbreviation VT has stuck and Raj proved he is no exception.
"At a recent function here, Raj repeatedly called CST as VT. He has no right to preach others," former minister Nawab Malik said.
Raj was addressing a gathering at the railway station, recalling his visits to the terminus during college days.
The MNS chief then travelled by the Harbour line to CST for three years while studying at the JJ School of Arts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday