Raj Thackeray defends Salman over his remarks on 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Chief Raj
Thackeray today defended actor Salman Khan, who came under
fire for claiming that the 26/11 attacks were hyped because
the "elite" were targetted.
"I think his (Salman) statement was twisted by media. In
fact, in the same interview, Salman has questioned Pakistan
about the 26/11 terror attacks but media is silent on that,"
The MNS chief also raised doubt over the controversy
being created in the backdrop of Eid and Ganesh festivals
though the interview was given three weeks back.
Earlier, Salman Khan had indicated that his comments were
misinterpreted and tweeted that he plans to record all his
media interviews in the future.
"It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star
hotels and all. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke
about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened
in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so
much," the 44-year-old actor had reportedly said during the
interview to a Pakistani channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!