Raj Thackeray defends Salman over his remarks on 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Chief Raj
Thackeray today defended actor Salman Khan, who came under
fire for claiming that the 26/11 attacks were hyped because
the "elite" were targetted.
"I think his (Salman) statement was twisted by media. In
fact, in the same interview, Salman has questioned Pakistan
about the 26/11 terror attacks but media is silent on that,"
The MNS chief also raised doubt over the controversy
being created in the backdrop of Eid and Ganesh festivals
though the interview was given three weeks back.
Earlier, Salman Khan had indicated that his comments were
misinterpreted and tweeted that he plans to record all his
media interviews in the future.
"It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star
hotels and all. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke
about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened
in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so
much," the 44-year-old actor had reportedly said during the
interview to a Pakistani channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts