Raj Thackeray defends Salman over his remarks on 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Chief Raj
Thackeray today defended actor Salman Khan, who came under
fire for claiming that the 26/11 attacks were hyped because
the "elite" were targetted.
"I think his (Salman) statement was twisted by media. In
fact, in the same interview, Salman has questioned Pakistan
about the 26/11 terror attacks but media is silent on that,"
The MNS chief also raised doubt over the controversy
being created in the backdrop of Eid and Ganesh festivals
though the interview was given three weeks back.
Earlier, Salman Khan had indicated that his comments were
misinterpreted and tweeted that he plans to record all his
media interviews in the future.
"It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star
hotels and all. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke
about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened
in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so
much," the 44-year-old actor had reportedly said during the
interview to a Pakistani channel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed