Raj Thackeray defends Salman over his remarks on 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Chief Raj
Thackeray today defended actor Salman Khan, who came under
fire for claiming that the 26/11 attacks were hyped because
the "elite" were targetted.
"I think his (Salman) statement was twisted by media. In
fact, in the same interview, Salman has questioned Pakistan
about the 26/11 terror attacks but media is silent on that,"
The MNS chief also raised doubt over the controversy
being created in the backdrop of Eid and Ganesh festivals
though the interview was given three weeks back.
Earlier, Salman Khan had indicated that his comments were
misinterpreted and tweeted that he plans to record all his
media interviews in the future.
"It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star
hotels and all. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke
about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened
in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so
much," the 44-year-old actor had reportedly said during the
interview to a Pakistani channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video