Raj Thackeray not to ally with cousin Uddhav
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Saturday said that his party would come to power in the state without allying with anyone - an indication that he would not tieup with his cousin and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Addressing party workers and other functionaries at the party`s seventh anniversary function, Thackeray said: "We will come to power on our own. The party will capture power in the state on its own strength".
He hinted that his party will not join either of the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI or Congress-NCP alliances in the state.
While addressing a rally in Kolhapur last month, Thackeray had said that he had no intention of "forming an alliance with any other party", after his cousin and Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray had hinted at a reconciliation.
Reacting to news in a regional language paper few days ago, Uddhav had said: "One cannot clap with a single hand. Can you?" with regard to Raj`s refusal to chart an alliance.
Referring to the news item and Uddhav`s remark, Raj said that he responded to that clap with a "tata".
Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of the Tata Group, Friday visited Raj at the latter`s Shivaji Park residence.
"Ratan Tata came to have a casual meeting with me. It is not only an honour accorded to me but to all party workers also. This means that the future of our party is bright," Raj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog