Raj Thackeray not to ally with cousin Uddhav
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Saturday said that his party would come to power in the state without allying with anyone - an indication that he would not tieup with his cousin and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Addressing party workers and other functionaries at the party`s seventh anniversary function, Thackeray said: "We will come to power on our own. The party will capture power in the state on its own strength".
He hinted that his party will not join either of the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI or Congress-NCP alliances in the state.
While addressing a rally in Kolhapur last month, Thackeray had said that he had no intention of "forming an alliance with any other party", after his cousin and Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray had hinted at a reconciliation.
Reacting to news in a regional language paper few days ago, Uddhav had said: "One cannot clap with a single hand. Can you?" with regard to Raj`s refusal to chart an alliance.
Referring to the news item and Uddhav`s remark, Raj said that he responded to that clap with a "tata".
Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of the Tata Group, Friday visited Raj at the latter`s Shivaji Park residence.
"Ratan Tata came to have a casual meeting with me. It is not only an honour accorded to me but to all party workers also. This means that the future of our party is bright," Raj said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case