Raj Thackeray should merge MNS with Shiv Sena: Athawale
Mumbai: Republican Party of India (RPI) leader Ramdas Athawale said on Friday that Raj Thackeray should merge his Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) with the Shiv Sena.
"Raj should merge MNS with the Sena. We will welcome it," Athawale, who is now a part of the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance, told reporters here.
"MNS is not a political alternative. At present, the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance is a strong alternative to the ruling Congress-NCP combine. If Raj Thackeray joins the Shiv Sena, our alliance will bag absolute majority in the state assembly elections," former Lok Sabha member Athawale said.
After he formally took over as president of the Shiv Sena, its president Uddhav Thackeray hinted recently that he is open to discuss some sort of a reconciliation with his estranged cousin, Raj Thackeray, who broke away in 2006 to form the MNS.
In an interview to the Shiv Sena mouthpiece, Saamna, Uddhav had said, "Efforts should be there from both sides. The Shiv Sena will welcome anyone if he is ready to come with an open mind".
However, Raj chose not to react. The only comment he has offered so far is, "I will speak at the right time".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly