Raj Thackeray softens stance on NCP
Mumbai: After a fortnight of bickering with the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray appeared to have softened his stance here on Monday.
"I don`t want to fight with the NCP... I will go to Pune March 7 (Thursday), but will not hold the rally there," Thackeray told mediapersons here while responding to a question on his challenge to conduct a rally in Pune, the bastion of NCP and the Pawar family.
"I had said this because the NCP had dared me to go to Pune for the programme," an apparently mollified Thackeray said.
Pune NCP leader Ankush Kakde had warned the MNS chief and threatened that he (Thackeray) would not be allowed to enter the city.
However, following an appeal for calm, first made by state NCP chief Madhukarrao Pichad and then by NCP president and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, the matter has cooled down.
Since the past fortnight, at his well-attended rallies in different parts of the state, Thackeray directly targeted NCP`s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and blamed him for the drought in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow