Raj Thackeray to take part in ST workers` protest march in November
Thane: Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will take part in the protest march to be taken out by the state transport workers between MSRTC headquarters at Mumbai Central and Azad Maidan on November 20, a party office-bearer said
Over one lakh employees of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will take out a protest march to press for their numerous demands, president of the transport wing of MNS, Avinash Abhayankar, told this to reporters heresaid on Sunday.
"The wages being paid to the MSRTC workers are way too meagre and they are deprived of their benefits," Abhyankar said.
He alleged that the MSRTC workers were suffering as they were being ignored.
"The MSRTC workers have been facing a number of problems that are pending for the past several years and they need to be resolved. We hope the situation changes after the agitation," Abhyankar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees