Raj Thackeray to take part in ST workers` protest march in November
Thane: Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will take part in the protest march to be taken out by the state transport workers between MSRTC headquarters at Mumbai Central and Azad Maidan on November 20, a party office-bearer said
Over one lakh employees of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will take out a protest march to press for their numerous demands, president of the transport wing of MNS, Avinash Abhayankar, told this to reporters heresaid on Sunday.
"The wages being paid to the MSRTC workers are way too meagre and they are deprived of their benefits," Abhyankar said.
He alleged that the MSRTC workers were suffering as they were being ignored.
"The MSRTC workers have been facing a number of problems that are pending for the past several years and they need to be resolved. We hope the situation changes after the agitation," Abhyankar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance