Raj Thackeray to take part in ST workers` protest march in November
Thane: Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will take part in the protest march to be taken out by the state transport workers between MSRTC headquarters at Mumbai Central and Azad Maidan on November 20, a party office-bearer said
Over one lakh employees of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will take out a protest march to press for their numerous demands, president of the transport wing of MNS, Avinash Abhayankar, told this to reporters heresaid on Sunday.
"The wages being paid to the MSRTC workers are way too meagre and they are deprived of their benefits," Abhyankar said.
He alleged that the MSRTC workers were suffering as they were being ignored.
"The MSRTC workers have been facing a number of problems that are pending for the past several years and they need to be resolved. We hope the situation changes after the agitation," Abhyankar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city