Raj Thackeray to take part in ST workers` protest march in November
Thane: Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will take part in the protest march to be taken out by the state transport workers between MSRTC headquarters at Mumbai Central and Azad Maidan on November 20, a party office-bearer said
Over one lakh employees of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will take out a protest march to press for their numerous demands, president of the transport wing of MNS, Avinash Abhayankar, told this to reporters heresaid on Sunday.
"The wages being paid to the MSRTC workers are way too meagre and they are deprived of their benefits," Abhyankar said.
He alleged that the MSRTC workers were suffering as they were being ignored.
"The MSRTC workers have been facing a number of problems that are pending for the past several years and they need to be resolved. We hope the situation changes after the agitation," Abhyankar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living