Raj wants Prithviraj Chavan to take oath as CM in Marathi
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray Wednesday asked
designate Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan to take oath in Marathi.
"Even if Prithviraj Chavan worked in northern India and
was well verse with Hindi, he is originally from Karad and
therefore as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra he should take
oath in Marathi," Raj told reporters here.
The MNS leader also objected to the word `Bambai` used by
Chavan instead of Mumbai after the announcement of his name as
the state Chief Minister.
Chavan used the word while speaking to reporters in
Delhi. He is expected to arrive here in the evening and the swear-in ceremony is likely to be held tomorrow.
Raj also said that Chavan should be gifted prayer beads
to memorise the word `Mumbai` and asked him to get acquainted
with the state if he is not.
Referring to the Adarsh housing scam due to which Ashok
Chavan was forced to step down, Raj advised the new Chief
Minister not to get involved in any such land issues and
maintain his non controversial image.
The MNS leader also wished Chavan luck for the new
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!
- Batla House encounter: Subramanian Swamy calls for NIA probe against Digvijay Singh