Rajiv Gandhi health scheme to cover Maha in phases
Mumbai: The Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee
Arogya Yojana, which was launched in eight districts of the
Maharashtra, would cover the state in a phased manner, Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.
"People having an annual income of less than Rs 1 lakh
per annum, would be given medical treatment up to a cost of Rs
1.5 lakh for free," he said at a function held recently.
The scheme, which focuses on assistance and efficient
service to the beneficiaries was launched in the eight
district in the first phase.
For this scheme, state`s expenses would go up by Rs
800 crore to Rs 1,000 crore, he said.
The scheme is being implemented in a phased manner in
three years and aims at benefitting about 2.5 crore families
having an annual income of less than Rs 1 lakh and those
belonging to the BPL families.
It will include 972 surgeries, therapies and
procedures under 30 specialties with 121 follow-up packages.
The beneficiary families are being identified through
district administrations based on their ration cards,
Antyodaya Anna Yojana card (AAY), Annapurna card and orange
The state government also plans to implement emergency
medical service scheme, in which, an ambulance could be called
via a dedicated phone-line. Government plans to start services
of 1,000 ambulances under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing