Rajni Patil is Cong candidate for RS by-poll in Maharashtra
New Delhi: Former MP Rajni Patil is the Congress candidate for a Rajya Sabha by-poll in Maharashtra, the party said on Tuesday.
The by-election has been caused following the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshumkh on August 14 last year. His term in Rajya Sabha was to expire on April 2, 2018.
As per the schedule announced by the Election Commission, the polling if any, will be held on January 12. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is January 5.
Patil hails from Marathwada region to which Deshmukh belonged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days