Rajni Patil is Cong candidate for RS by-poll in Maharashtra
New Delhi: Former MP Rajni Patil is the Congress candidate for a Rajya Sabha by-poll in Maharashtra, the party said on Tuesday.
The by-election has been caused following the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshumkh on August 14 last year. His term in Rajya Sabha was to expire on April 2, 2018.
As per the schedule announced by the Election Commission, the polling if any, will be held on January 12. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is January 5.
Patil hails from Marathwada region to which Deshmukh belonged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt