‘Raj`s public rallies are free entertainment shows’
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has reportedly taken a sarcastic jibe at his younger cousin and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief for speaking too high of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Reports, Tuesday, claimed that the Shiv Sena chief has taken the potshots at his cousin in an editorial published in party mouthpiece ‘Samana’ for praising Modi too much.
The latest comments from the Shiv Sena chief have come in response to Raj’a suggestion to Maharashtra leaders to learn few things from the Gujarat Chief Minister at a recent rally in Solapur district.
Reacting to Raj’s advice, Uddhav wrote that state`s leaders need not learn anything from anyone. Uddhav even defended Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar.
Continuing his verbal attack on his younger cousin, Uddhav also termed Raj`s public rallies as free entertainment shows. However, the Shiv Sena president said that if he would welcome if Raj changes his stance on Modi.
Referring to the rivalry between Modi and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Uddhav said the two leaders have been attacking each other, which is not good for the BJP-led NDA coalition.
Uddhav further said that if anyone wants to follow Modi, he is free to do so, but then that applies to Nistish, Chhattisgrah Chief Minister Raman Singh and his Madhya Pradesh counterpart Shivraj Singh Chauhan as well.
"Looking at these statements we feel that the efforts of great Maharasthrian leaders like Shivaji Maharaj, Lokmanya Tilak, Sawarkar, Ambedkar, Shahu Maharaj and Mahatma Phule have gone in vain and that is why people are suggesting to follow leaders from other states," Uddhav was quoted as saying in the article.
Uddhav’s fresh jibe at his younger cousin is likely to further fuel the political rivalry between the two warring brothers, and could end the chances of reconciliation between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA