‘Raj`s public rallies are free entertainment shows’
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has reportedly taken a sarcastic jibe at his younger cousin and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief for speaking too high of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Reports, Tuesday, claimed that the Shiv Sena chief has taken the potshots at his cousin in an editorial published in party mouthpiece ‘Samana’ for praising Modi too much.
The latest comments from the Shiv Sena chief have come in response to Raj’a suggestion to Maharashtra leaders to learn few things from the Gujarat Chief Minister at a recent rally in Solapur district.
Reacting to Raj’s advice, Uddhav wrote that state`s leaders need not learn anything from anyone. Uddhav even defended Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar.
Continuing his verbal attack on his younger cousin, Uddhav also termed Raj`s public rallies as free entertainment shows. However, the Shiv Sena president said that if he would welcome if Raj changes his stance on Modi.
Referring to the rivalry between Modi and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Uddhav said the two leaders have been attacking each other, which is not good for the BJP-led NDA coalition.
Uddhav further said that if anyone wants to follow Modi, he is free to do so, but then that applies to Nistish, Chhattisgrah Chief Minister Raman Singh and his Madhya Pradesh counterpart Shivraj Singh Chauhan as well.
"Looking at these statements we feel that the efforts of great Maharasthrian leaders like Shivaji Maharaj, Lokmanya Tilak, Sawarkar, Ambedkar, Shahu Maharaj and Mahatma Phule have gone in vain and that is why people are suggesting to follow leaders from other states," Uddhav was quoted as saying in the article.
Uddhav’s fresh jibe at his younger cousin is likely to further fuel the political rivalry between the two warring brothers, and could end the chances of reconciliation between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?